Friday, September 27, 2019

Lurching Forward

Lurch from "The Addams Family," current mascot of the House of Nolahn

Oh hai there. Just popping in with a quick check-in on how My 500 Words is going, and it's... going.

I'm glad I got that hot start on Day 1, because I haven't been able to maintain that level since:
Day 1 - 1,292 words
Day 2 - 697 words
Day 3 - 174 words
Day 4 - Goose!
Day 5 - 235 words
Day 6 - 263 words

Yeah, not exactly setting the world on fire. That puts me at 2,661 words, and I don't need to be a math whiz to know that does not have me on track for 500 words a day. But, strangely, I'm okay with that.

I'm partially okay with that because that doesn't include anything from today (like this blog post, good for about 240 words), and I should have a solid hour to put towards this later tonight. Those 263 words from yesterday doesn't include the place-setting I did last night to map out the next section or two, so in theory I should be able to get a healthy clip under my belt by the time I call it a night.

The other reason I'm okay with this is that it's still 2,661 words of forward progress, which is the hellova lot better than the past month or so. It's a small (okay, very small) victory, but I'll take it.

Lurch, take us out!





No comments:

Post a Comment

First Post: The Story So Far

Hallo. I’m Scot Nolan, though you might know me from reviewing and discussing bad movies over the past ten years as “Nolahn.” But this ...