Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2019 Resolutions for the House of Nolahn


I’ve been in a slump, writing-wise. Oh, I have excuses galore: The day job was crazy busy! The holidays were crazy busy! We were gearing up for the series finale of our long-running podcast! Yeah, yeah, yeah, all true, but all obscuring the unavoidable fact that I’ve been stuck in neutral.  

So what better day to look forward and set some goal than New Year’s Day? Boy howdy, I’m glad I arbitrarily picked Tuesdays to run posts…




1. GET MY QUERY LETTER SORTED OUT
Even though I’ve only sent out to five agents, I have a sneaky suspicion that the query letter for my novel isn’t up to snuff. Fortunately, there are folks out there who can help with that sort of thing. It’s my first time querying, so I don’t see the point of being too proud to have someone give it a look-over. Once that’s done, I’ll feel much better about going full-throttle with the querying.

2. ATTEND A WRITING CONFERENCE OR LITERARY EVENT
It’ll do me a lot of good to get out of my little corner of the world and do some socializin’. I happen to live about four hours from a number of major metropolitan areas, so I should be able to work this out…

3. COMPLETE THE FIRST DRAFT OF MY NEXT NOVEL
This is the biggie. I have a strong concept, I have a good grasp of the characters and the flow of the plot… but something has been holding me back. I have a few ideas in mind to break through my hesitation (hey, that sounds like a good blog post topic!), but once I do, I’d love to have hammered out an initial draft by this time next year.

4. BE BETTER TO MY BLOG
A cop-out? Sure, but it certainly wouldn’t hurt to spruce this place up.


Hope you have a Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment

First Post: The Story So Far

Hallo. I’m Scot Nolan, though you might know me from reviewing and discussing bad movies over the past ten years as “Nolahn.” But this ...