Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Previously on House of Nolahn...

Hi there. Remember when this blog was about my transition from writing short, cheeky reviews of bad movies to a decidedly not-cheeky novel? I do, though you wouldn’t know it from the past couple weeks’ worth of posts.

In my last Write On post, I talked about the formation of a local writers group and how we’ve been helping each other. Yes, that has included me giving my novel (in installments) to the group for their feedback. In fact, shortly after that post I received the final installment of feedback on my novel from the group.

Here’s the good news: I am still working on the novel – and actively so. I’m not abandoning it or tabling it or taking a break or any such thing. That’s not the issue.

No, the issue is that we’re all caught up to where I am in my process and making the final round of edits takes time… time that I’ve been splitting with writing blog posts (and actually getting outside now that the weather is finally nice, spending time with the kids, working on household projects, etc., etc.). There are only so many hours in the day.

So starting this week, I’m going to slow down the already-not-particularly-rigorous pace of posts here to every Tuesday, at least for a while. That will give me a chance to finish this draft and begin the hunt for an agent. Once I start that process, I’ll have a whole bunch of new things to blog about, honest.

The one exception will be the Bad Movie of the Month pieces, though I’ve been debating changing those up to something else. Thoughts? Let me know in the comments.



2 comments:

  1. You know that I'm expecting to proof this, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I may be hitting you up for that sooner than not.

      Delete

First Post: The Story So Far

Hallo. I’m Scot Nolan, though you might know me from reviewing and discussing bad movies over the past ten years as “Nolahn.” But this ...